Newsletters

Winter 2008-2009 – Ravens Covers

Posted on

  Since the late1920s the school has published The Raven, an annual publication of student art and poetry. Often a group of examples have been placed around the library for viewing, especially on the shelves over the catalog. Additionally, sometimes they are put in the display case. Here are some. These were done by Patrick […]

Newsletters

Fall 2008- Furniture New Chairs, JSTOR

Posted on

The library has received 10 beautiful new leather chairs from the Furgerson Copeland Company, which are very suitable for reading and relaxing, as a donation from a generous alumnus through the Mary Kennedy Foundation. They have been placed in the new art seminar room and in the magazine reading area, next to the case with the Ferry […]

Newsletters

Spring 2006- Vases

Posted on

The library has a new small tall cylindrical lighted display case containing the recent contribution of the Ferry family. Included in the case are six ancient Greek, Roman and Etruscan pottery pieces, dating from centuries before the Christian era. They range in date from about 1400-1300 B.C. to about 300 B.C. and they are described […]

Newsletters

Fall 2005 Christine Manory Photos

Posted on

Christine Manory, parent of Jack, Class of 2011, displayed a series of photographs in the library foyer during spring of 2008. One wall displayed large black and white floral images, while the other was a series of color images taken at the International Yacht Restoration School in Newport. She writes “I have been taking photographys […]

Newsletters

Winter 2001- 2002 Jerome Sculpture Revised

Posted on

The retired, former Abbey librarian, Robin Scanlan, wife of alumnus Joe, class of 1946, has now been faithfully working part-time to complete the cataloging of the donated CDs. At 5,000 titles completed of the approximately 15,000 items of classical music additions to be made we are now just about one third done. During the summer and early fall […]

Newsletters

Fall 2002 – Church Representations

Posted on

       Representations of the church have figured in libary bookplates and publications of the school for many years. The Church of St. Gregory the Great was designed by architect Pietro Belluschi in 1960. Modern Church Architecture, by Albert Christ-Janer et.al.., a book from 1962, includes a black and white sketch of the architect¹s […]